Travelling in a local train is no child’s
play. It’s more of a war, for most of them. Too many strangers, fights, abuses
but there is an equally beautiful side to this journey. You make friends, you
laugh, some strangers acts like Angels and at times someone rubs of their
positive energies. Similarly I encountered a very heart touching moment today J :-*
When
it comes to travelling am a pakka Mumbaikar, I just love local trains. I
completely enjoy the hustle-bustle, the chaos while commuting but at the same
time I am very clear, I can’t travel aggressively. In the last few months I
have been privileged to travel smoothly in the locals making my journey easy
but relatively dull. But from past few days my experience is completely different.
From
last one week I am boarding few overly crowded trains where at the end of the
journey I feel extremely exhausted. Just like previous Saturday, even today
after my lectures got over I boarded a train which was jam packed. Before
getting in I was little hesitant yet I gathered the courage to get in, as I
thought even the other trains will be equally filled. Somehow I pushed myself
little inside and still wasn’t too happy with my decision of boarding this particular
train. Too many women and girls were struggling to get in and out of the so
called life-line of Mumbai. Some were screaming, few were cribbing and few
others were helpful and exchanged warm smiles and words.
I
was settling down little bit and had reached almost half way and I saw a young
girl, must be hardly 18-19, with tears rolling down her cheeks. I got a little
worried... I thought either she is sick or by mistake got hit by someone in
the train. She came exactly next to me so asked her, “Hey what’s wrong?” very
naively she replied, “It’s so crowded. I am too scared. Which side is Mulund?” She
continued sobbing (:-D) And I went... Awwww. She is sooo cute and innocent.
I
tried to guide her, helped her and in my own way did my level best to console
her. There was one more young girl who was about to get down at same station.
Even she was equally sweet and was more than willing to help this poor fellow. By
this time even the cute girl had mellowed down and was little relaxed. Few
minutes passed by, she went little ahead. Now I was unable to see her. Just
before her destination arrived, I thought of having a look of her. And between
the crowd of all those heads, hairs and bags I managed to see her. Luckily at
the same time even she looked at me (sorry, this may sound little filmy and
romantic, but it’s not like that) and gave me a pleasant smile and said, “Thank
you”. We kind of bid good bye to each other and she got down. I didn’t see her
getting off but I hope she reached her home safely.
After
sometime, this entire situation flashed in front of my eyes and this time I had
tears in my eyes. No I was not sad, rather was touched by the innocence and
delicacy of the pretty young girl. Somewhere I was able to see a part of me in
her. But am so proud of myself, I never cried because the trains were over
crowded. (I deserve a pat on my back :-P :-D). But this vulnerable girl did,
and I liked her for the same reason.
I
am so very happy to meet such a pure and sweet soul. Got rubbed off by her purity
and innocence. Muuaaaah sweetie pie... hope you stay like this always. God
bless you sweetheart J
P.S- Had posted this on 9th August, 2014. Due to few errors posting it again :)
While reading... your innocence and sweetness did touch us as well.
ReplyDeleteKeep touching lives and enjoy the journey :)