While
scanning a travel book I read a beautiful quote worth sharing, ‘We do not take
trips, trips take us...’ And as you must have guessed I am going to spill few
things about travelling.
I love travelling, who doesn’t? We all do.
But just while talking to a friend about our professional journey, I once again
realised how my perspective of travel has changed. I have been thinking about
this from a really long time and today thought of officially sharing it.
For many, travelling is going to the best
travel agent and getting an excellent package of an exotic location. Lot of
people like to travel in luxurious modes of transports and scanning the tourist
spot by travelling in an AC car. Eating food at fine dining restaurants and
visiting spots which are planned by their agent, and at the end they happily
return to their respective burrows.
Just like everyone even I have done this. But
I have deeply realised that more than an AC car I prefer to travel by the
city’s local mode of transport and sense the new place. Eating at a Five star
restaurant is fine once in a while, but to know the actual flavour of the city
I am more than willing to explore the dhabbas
and street joints of that particular place. I can’t say I have been to a place
by just visiting the tourist spots over there. Rather than spending my time in
this, I would prefer to ‘feel the city’.
I can say I have explored a city if I visit
at least one house and family of that exciting place and know what exactly
their lifestyle is. I would prefer visiting a local school and meet those tiny
ones with sparkling eyes and enjoy the beauty of that place. Attending a
traditional wedding or any festival will be more happening than visiting a national
park where I see are just few wild goats.
How many are actually lucky enough to do
this? I guess most of us have seen these events in a travel show, or in a
movie. But when it comes to reality we prefer making our trips luxurious and
safe. No, am not against enjoying our trips lavishly, even I prefer it that way.
But many a times we fail to add a pinch of adventure and real fun to our trips.
Hope next time I plan my vacation, I don’t want to just visit it, but I would
like to explore it. And I hope... this happens very soon.
P.S- I have developed this new perspective
thanks to my profession. Though super hectic, being a Journalist is sheer fun.
And in a way it has liberated me.
No comments:
Post a Comment