At present, I don’t
own a single wrist watch. Till few years back I had minimum 5-7 watches. From
my first job I was saving money from the stipend I received to buy an elegant
wrist watch. But before that could actually happen I lost my most favourite
watch. It was gifted to me when I was almost 13 year old by my Maasi. From then
I started collecting more and more watches. This one was quite smart, lot of
people use to love the dial. Then I also had a delicate bracelet kind of watch,
few gifted ones, some I permanently borrowed from my Mom and Dad :-P
The one I stole from
my Dad’s collection was my second most favourite one. A men’s watch, whenever I
wore it someone or other always passed a comment saying that the watch is
bigger than my wrist. Still I was too proud and happy to don it. I am too fond
of matching my accessories with my clothes, and watches were part of it. I had
different type of watch for different moods and occasions. And it was so much
fun selecting a watch every morning according to the outfit and flavour of that
particular day.
But one fine day,
while travelling in an overcrowded train I lost my favourite watch with the
smart dial. I realised it pretty late. I didn’t create any drama, didn’t shed a
single tear (very unlike me) but from then on I never wore a wrist watch. I
gave away other watches as well from my collection.
Yesterday while
chatting with my cousin, (actually she’s my niece but I prefer calling her my
cousin) :-P I got nostalgic. She received a beautiful watch as her birthday
gift. And very soon I had flashes of my favourite watch. Thank you Shweta, you
indirectly inspired me. Very soon I will gift myself a beautiful watch.
Till then have a
wonderful time peeps J :-*
Do buy a new watch and have 'a happy time' always :)
ReplyDeleteThanks a ton :)
ReplyDelete